Information on EAA mentoring program
|The goal of the mentoring program is to establish long-term links between early career acousticians and experienced seniors in order to consolidate the coherence of the EAA and establish bridges between the generations: senior-junior bridges.
More and updated information is on the website: https://euracoustics.org/products/mentoring/.
· This is a volunteering activity.
· Mentoring pairs are
o preferably trans-national.
o 1-on-1 pairings.
· During EAA conferences, mentoring meetups will be organized by the YAN to enrich the mentoring connections.
· Organization and content within the mentoring pairs are highly individual.
· We recommend continuous (online) meeting in the first year with intervals of max. two months between meetings to establish and strengthen the mentoring connection.
|Registration procedure (will start on March 1st, 2023)|
The Mentors/ Seniors apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following information:
The Mentees/ Juniors apply by filling out and sending the PDF form (download it here: https://euracoustics.org/products/mentoring/) to email@example.com with the subject “Mentees’ application for EAA mentoring program”
Matching periods (every year):
Registration deadline to the mentoring program before the matching period:
Registration to conference events, specifically FA2023 (In-person kick-off/ evaluation): Forum Acusticum 2023: August 31st (via the conference registration system)
|· Mentoring in-person kick-off (organized by YAN)
o Intro + Summary from previous year’s participants
o Information (How Tos/ examples)
o (if available) Evaluation of the mentoring program
o Get-to-know/ Meet-up
· Evaluation starts after the first year (1 month before the next EAA conference) via a questionnaire (evaluation via YAN, distributed and collected by EAA permanent secretary)
· Proposed individual meetups
|Duties of mentors/ seniors|
|· Discuss with juniors about the profession
· Give human and career advices (no liability)
· Give technical advices (if requested)
· Promote EAA products
· Participate to mentoring meetups organized during EAA conferences (when participating to the conference)
|Duties of mentees/ juniors|
|· Initiate contacting the mentor and proposed possible dates for next meetings
· Prepare for each meeting: e.g., sending questions in forehand, have report ready if where tasks were defined in the previous meeting
· Participate to mentoring meetups organized during EAA conferences (when participating to the conference).
· Do not expect the mentor to be a “door-opener” or similar.
For further questions, you can contact us via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (YAN) or email@example.com (EAA office) or reach out to us via Discord (https://discord.com/invite/bHWwHHY).